Health Professions Advising Appointments are primarily being conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams video chat. Please login to Microsoft Teams online (Safari browser not recommended) or download the Teams application before your appointment time so your advisor can call you. If you prefer that your appointment take place over the phone, please indicate that when you schedule (or email your advisor) and include the phone number we should use to call you. Appointments must all be scheduled online through Navigate. If you are not able to schedule an appointment through Navigate, you may contact one of our advisors directly.
NOTE: Drop-Ins are cancelled until further notice.
Pre-health students have two (sometimes more) advisors:
- Primary academic advisor (often an ASC): helps students successfully complete their degree
- Health professions advisor (secondary advisor): assists students in preparing for health professions programs
- Minor advisor (if you have a minor)
- Honors advisor (if you’re in the Honors Program)
- Academic coordinator (if you’re an athlete)
Role of a health professions advisor:
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses.
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs.
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs.
- Help students connect with relevant experiences outside the classroom, such as volunteering, research, clinical experience etc.
- Refer students to on-and-off-campus support services