If you are a current CSU student, schedule a health professions advising appointment online through Navigate here. Current students are required to schedule in-person appointments unless there are extenuating circumstances (if this is the case, please contact your advisor first). If you are not a current CSU student, you can schedule an appointment by calling the Collaborative for Student Achievement at (970) 491-7095.
If you ARE NOT within driving distance of Fort Collins, and would like this to be a phone appointment, please write “PHONE APPOINTMENT” and include the best number to reach you in the appointment comments. The advisor will call you at your scheduled time (MST). If you ARE within driving distance of Fort Collins, please schedule an in-person appointment.
NOTES: Health Professions Advisors do not see students on a drop-in basis – we see students by appointment only.
Pre-health students have two (sometimes more) advisors:
- Primary academic advisor (often an ASC): helps students successfully complete their degree
- Health professions advisor (secondary advisor): assists students in preparing for health professions programs
- Minor advisor (if you have a minor)
- Honors advisor (if you’re in the Honors Program)
- Academic coordinator (if you’re an athlete)
Role of a health professions advisor:
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses.
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs.
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs.
- Help students connect with relevant experiences outside the classroom, such as volunteering, research, clinical experience etc.
- Refer students to on-and-off-campus support services