Current and Incoming Undergraduates:
- Login to Navigate
- For appointment type, choose “academic advising”
- For service, choose “health professions advising”
- Limited in-person appointments will be offered in addition to virtual appointments starting August 30th 2021
- If you prefer a phone appointment, please say that in the “comments” section and include your phone number. Your advisor will call you at the time of your appointment from a blocked number.
- Virtual appointments will take place over Microsoft Teams. Your advisor will send you a meeting invitation.
Prospective Students, Graduate Students and Alumni:
- Email us or call (970) 491-7095 to schedule
- You will have the option of an in-person or phone appointment. If you choose a phone appointment, Your advisor will call you at the time of your appointment from a blocked number.
Pre-health students have two (sometimes more) advisors:
- Primary academic advisor (often an ASC): helps students successfully complete their degree
- Health professions advisor (secondary advisor): assists students in preparing for health professions programs
- Minor advisor (if you have a minor)
- Honors advisor (if you’re in the Honors Program)
- Academic coordinator (if you’re an athlete)
Role of a health professions advisor:
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses.
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs.
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs.
- Help students connect with relevant experiences outside the classroom, such as volunteering, research, clinical experience etc.
- Refer students to on-and-off-campus support services