Current and incoming undergraduate students can schedule appointments online through Navigate. Prospective students, graduate students and alumni can schedule appointments by emailing us.
Appointments for incoming and current students will take place over Microsoft Teams. Your advisor will send you an invitation (via your CSU email) beforehand. When it is time for your appointment, please login to Microsoft Teams online (Safari browser not recommended) or open the Teams application (you can download it here). Go to your calendar, and click “join” for the advising appointment event. If you prefer a phone appointment, please say that in the “Comments” section when you schedule your appointment, and include your preferred phone number. The call will come from a blocked number.
For prospective students and alumni, we will call you over the phone. Please include your preferred phone number when you schedule your appointment. The call will come from a blocked number.
Pre-health students have two (sometimes more) advisors:
- Primary academic advisor (often an ASC): helps students successfully complete their degree
- Health professions advisor (secondary advisor): assists students in preparing for health professions programs
- Minor advisor (if you have a minor)
- Honors advisor (if you’re in the Honors Program)
- Academic coordinator (if you’re an athlete)
Role of a health professions advisor:
- Assist students in identifying professional school prerequisites and choosing appropriate CSU courses.
- Guide students through the application process of specific professional programs.
- Advise the CSU Pre-Health Profession Clubs.
- Help students connect with relevant experiences outside the classroom, such as volunteering, research, clinical experience etc.
- Refer students to on-and-off-campus support services